As you know when it comes to beauty I’m a sucker for trying something new. And to my absolute delight, just recently I had the opportunity to try three top end beauty must-haves thanks to House of Fraser’s Beauty Event. I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about the La Mer Micellar Cleansing Water, Crème de la mer moisturising cream and Elizabeth Arden Presage City Smart. So as soon as I received my beauty delivery, I couldn’t wait to get stuck-in!
Crème de la mer moisturising cream
La Mer The Moisturizing Cream. This original moisturiser in the La Mer range offers a luxe moisturising experience. La Mer`s Miracle Broth is suspended within the Crème`s formula.
This deeply hydrating texture lends itself to use throughout the autumn and winter months, when skin often feels in need of additional hydration and replenishment.
Twist open the cap to find a slightly thick creme that has a rather pleasant smell. I love the fragrance of the creme. To use Creme de la Mer, warm up a small amount between your palm or fingertips until the creme turns from white to clear, and gently press onto your face. If you rub the creme directly onto your face without warming it up, you will find the creme heavy and difficult to use. For maximum benefit, it is important to apply Creme de la Mer to skin that is thoroughly dry and follow the enclosed directions carefully. The effect is very smooth, soft and supple skin. It offers just the right amount of moisture for me without leaving behind any greasy or sticky feeling or “drying” up my skin once the lotion was absorbed. I can see the hype just after using the cream for a couple of days, it’s definitely worth the investment for better and more moisturised skin.
La Mer Micellar Cleansing Water
This powerful sea cleanser micro-emulsifies makeup, and sweeps away impurities and pollutants, while delivering the hydration and soothing synonymous with La Mer.
Powered by micro-capsules, La Mer`s Marine Micelle Waters lift away the day while signature marine nutrients and nourishing Miracle Broth – re-mineralise, hydrate and renew, in one pristine step.
I put this to the test last night. I was wearing quite a lot of makeup yesterday, including liner and mascara, and it literally took everything off. I used two pads to remove the makeup, and then went it with one more just to clean everything up. I thought that I’d still see makeup on the third cotton pad but it came back clean. I use micellar water quite a lot to do my first cleanse and I think I probably use about four pads on average before going in for a full cleanse. My skin felt soft and calm, and very hydrated which I think is the most surprising thing about this product. It really does leave skin feeling like it has been looked after, rather than just cleansed – It is lovely.
Elizabeth Arden Presage City Smart
The Presage City Smart is a first-of-its-kind skin shield to combine pollution and UV protection with Elizabeth Arden’s DNA Enzyme Complex™ to strengthen skin. Sheer, hydrating, invisible protection to help skin look younger, longer.
Proof… not Promises™
Screens out skin-dulling pollutants and 98% of UVB rays
Visibly improves skin’s condition
Formulated with a powerful antioxidant blend to maintain optimal skin health even in the most heavily polluted cities.
I have been eagerly awaiting for this product since I saw an article mention it a few months back. It is fantastic. This gives me the confidence of a SPF 50 with all the above benefits – and then some! The product leaves the skin looking perfected, much like using a primer. No greasiness or white residue. My skin already loves this product and so do I. The perfect last step in my skin care routine.
Beauty Looks Better with £10 off!
Celebrating all things fabulous House of Fraser has a Beauty Event from the 25th August to 11th September. You’ll get £10 off when you spend £50 or more on beauty including one of their selected products;
1. Lancôme Energie de Vie Sleeping
2. Estée Lauder Supreme + Power Anti Aging Crème 30ml
3. Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
4. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II 50ml
5. Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate 15ml
6. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate 30ml
7. Benefit Cheekathon Set
8. Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara
9. Benefit They’re Real Mascara in ‘Black’
10. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ 125ml with Pump
11. Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Cream (30ml)
12. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat
13. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in ‘Medium 1 Biscuit’ 10ml
14. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10 30ml
15. Clinique Super Balanced Silk Make Up Liquid Foundation
16. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick
17. Guerlain Meteorites Oxygen Moisturiser & Radiance Booster
18. Benefit Ka-Brow! Eyebrow Cream-Gel Colour in ‘3’
19. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in ‘5’
20. Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base
21. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
22. Nars Blush in ‘Dolce Vita’
23. Clinique Smart Serum 50ml
24. Clarins Double Serum 50ml
25. Lancôme Cushion Blusher
26. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder
27. Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in ‘Medium 2’
28. Yves Saint Laurent Fusion Ink Cushion Foundation
29. Clarins Repair Booster 15ml
30. La Mer Micellar Cleansing Water 200ml
This is such a great opportunity to either stock-up on your favourite beauty products or to try something new…Enjoy!