I’m so excited to be bringing you this post. Mint Velvet has been a longtime favourite destination of mine for relaxed glamorous style. I find their fashions timeless and really good quality. My everyday go-to pair of leather knee-high boots are still going strong. I purchased these ages ago when the Muswsell Hill branch opened (this was back in the days when I lived in London) and they still look fabulous on! So when Mint Velvet and I had a discussion about discovering their latest accessories for autumn, clearly I was all in!
For me accessories are what makes an outfit. It’s actually surprising how much a look can go from OK to glamorous in a heartbeat. For example, by adding an oversized pair of sunglasses to your outfit instantly makes you look polished.
Top Tips for Accessorising
- A statement necklace can make your knitwear look updated with a modern twist. Your outfit can then be used for “smart casual” dressing.
- A long pendant is flattering when worn over a tunic or jumper as your eyes are drawn down and inward – this helps elongate your figure.
- Stacking and layering jewellery has been an ongoing trend for year now, so never be afraid to mix and match your favourites. Mix up the colour tones too – when it comes to the jewellery rules, these days anything goes!
- Having a bad hair day? Find the ultimate cover up with a classic fedora hat. No one needs to know how bad those locks may be as a hat will instantly pop that style.
- Getting cozy doesn’t have to be boring. Opting for hats, scarves and gloves will not only keep you warm on these colder days but if you go for classic styles and matching knits, you can still look great.
Get the Mint Velvet Look
Never be afraid to keep adding; a handbag, earrings, necklaces, a hat, snood, scarf, rings – it’s actually fun when you get going. You can mix and match your accessories to your entire wardrobe. This way you can instantly update your style without having to replace old favourites and in the long run you will be saving yourself a small fortune.
Loved these accessories form Mint Velvet, then keep your eyes peeled as there’s more to come in Accessorising with Mint Velvet Part 2…